Ceiling fans, like any other appliance, will eventually wear out and require replacement. Noticing the signs of when to replace your ceiling fan can be tricky, especially if you are not familiar with the workings of these cooling fixtures.
Here are signs to look out for:
- Unusual noises: If you notice your ceiling fan is squeaking, buzzing, or grinding, this is most likely a sign you need a replacement. If you don’t notice any loose screws or if the fan looks properly oiled, give us a call to determine the issue.
- Shaking: Ceiling fans usually shake when there’s an imbalance. This can be due to the buildup of dust on the blades, loose screws, or misaligned blades. If you fix these issues and the shaking continues, it may be time to invest in a new fan.
- Difficulty switching on or off: If your ceiling fan doesn’t turn on or off as needed, it may be having issues with its motor or internal wiring. Let our professional electricians inspect this issue for you.
- Multiple repairs: If you’ve noticed you’ve been having to constantly repair your ceiling fan, it’s likely that it’s time for a new one. In the long run, this could save you time and money.
If you notice any of these signs, give our Central Florida electricians a call. At Dial Duron Service Co., we have a team of professionals that can provide you with the information and guidance you need.
How to Clean a Ceiling Fan
To keep your ceiling fan working efficiently, regular maintenance is a must. It is recommended to clean the fan at least every two to three months. However, if your fan is in a room that is prone to oil, such as the kitchen, you may need to clean it more often.
Steps to clean a ceiling fan include:
- Spread a drop cloth on the space below the fan. Try to cover an area that is about twice as wide as the fan.
- Be sure to remove any light globes to eliminate the risk of damaging them.
- Carefully remove the dust with a duster or cloth.
- Use a moistened cloth or sponge to gently wipe off each blade.
- Allow for blades to fully dry before turning back on to use.
By following these simple steps, you can maintain the longevity of your ceiling fan and avoid any potential issues that may arise due to neglect.
Call Dial Duron Service Co.
If you're in need of ceiling fan repair or installation, our team at Dial Duron Service Co. can help. We understand how frustrating it can be to deal with a faulty or broken fan, which is why we pride ourselves on providing top-notch service. Our licensed and insured team has the experience and expertise to tackle any job, big or small.
So why wait? Give us a call today, and let us help you stay cool and comfortable! Call us at (321) 341-3625 or contact us online to begin.