Benefits of Ductless AC for Your Melbourne Home
You may wonder whether a ductless mini-split system would be more useful than a standard air conditioning system in your home. Mini-splits are just a different type of air conditioning system, so it’s important to think about your needs, the cost, and what benefits you may experience by choosing this over a traditional central AC system. As always, our Melbourne HVAC experts are ready to answer your questions and help you make an informed choice!
Mini-split air conditioners offer many benefits:
- They’re versatile. Mini-splits are excellent options for room additions, converted living spaces, and rooms requiring special temperature needs. They also work well in homes without existing ductwork or where installing ductwork would be expensive or require extensive demolition.
- They’re energy-efficient. Ductless AC systems have separate thermostats for each zone, enabling you to change settings based on use. You don’t have to cool every room to the same temperature, even if you’re not using it. Plus, ductless AC avoids the energy loss associated with air ducts; this loss can be up to 25-30%. The majority of mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® certified for their exceptional energy efficiency.
- They’re easy to install. Installing a ductless system involves drilling a three-inch hole and running a conduit from your indoor air handler to your outside unit. Installation typically takes less than a day and does not require as much of a disruption to your home.
- They can support an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are a great option if you want to supplement your HVAC system instead of replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are a problem in dated or two-story homes. A mini-split system can usually be fitted into your house with few obstacles.
- They’re great for spaces with no ductwork. A mini-split air conditioning system is perfect for any additions or renovations to your home that don’t have ductwork. You can ordinarily utilize them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds, and more.
- They’re easy to use. If you’re concerned that it will be hard to operate a mini-split ductless system, we’re happy to put those fears to rest. Even if you have multiple units around your home, there are a variety of settings that make it easy to stay comfortable, including programmable temperature, motion, and mobile controls.
- They’re incredibly quiet. Traditional air conditioners use more energy to circulate air throughout your entire home. Mini-split systems don’t use ducts and require less force to circulate air as a result, and this means that they are usually as quiet as a whisper. If you have difficulty sleeping or have exceptionally close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a fantastic choice.
- They deliver improved air filtration. Ductless AC systems can filter airborne pollutants just as well as a standard air conditioner. Some mini-split AC systems also come with electrically charged air filters to capture dust, dander, and more.
- They can outlast central air conditioners. Central air conditioners typically last up to 15 years. With proper maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner can last up to 20 years or more. At Dial Duron Service Co., we’re more than happy to supply you with quality maintenance and ductless AC repair services as needed.
Get Efficient, Reliable Cooling with a Mini-Split Ductless AC System
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient way to stay comfortable and cool at home, look no further than a ductless mini-split system installed by our pros at Dial Duron Service Co.. You can save time and money with a ductless air conditioner for your whole home, an addition, or specific areas of your property. Our Melbourne ductless AC experts will be happy to review your options with you so you make the right choice.
Call (321) 341-3625 today to request a free, no-obligation estimate for a ductless mini-split air conditioning system. We’ve served Melbourne and the surrounding areas in Brevard County since 1995!