5 ROOT CAUSES OF HEAT PUMP REPAIR
Once you’ve learned that there’s a problem, the next step is to narrow down possible causes. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Dial Duron Service Co., our Melbourne heat pump repair pros specialize in finding the culprit of the problem quickly to save you time and money.
Here are a few potential reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly:
- There’s a problem with the thermostat. Your thermostat is a vital piece of any HVAC system, directing your heat pump to adjust your home to the chosen temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Don’t forget to double check that the thermostat settings are correct before you assume there’s a problem.
- An important component has broken or failed. There are a few moving parts in your heat pump. If one of them breaks down or malfunctions, your heat pump will often struggle to run normally or even at all. Routine heat pump maintenance can help prevent this.
- Lack of routine maintenance. To keep your heat pump in the best possible condition, you should have maintenance performed twice a year. During this service, we’ll inspect, lubricate and clean crucial components. A smoothly running heat pump could result in lower energy bills and may even boost your heat pump’s total life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that ensures you’re on top of routine maintenance. You’ll receive yearly tune-ups for your heating and cooling, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is clogged. Like any other HVAC system, your heat pump relies on an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from entering your Melbourne home’s air. If you don’t change the filter frequently, it can become clogged. Your heat pump will have to work much harder to provide the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But the older they get, the more prone they are to needing repairs. If yours is getting old, it may time to consider getting a new one.
SCHEDULE YOUR Melbourne HEAT PUMP REPAIR TODAY WITH DURON SMITH AC & HEAT
Dial Duron Service Co. stands apart from other HVAC companies in Brevard County because we start our process with a free estimate and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can count on us to provide fast, friendly service when hands-on expertise is required.
Give us a call at (321) 341-3625 or contact us online to schedule an appointment now for heat pump repair in Melbourne, FL.