The water supply in Central Florida is safe to drink thanks to state and federal standards to minimize contaminants. However, there’s still room to improve water quality. Safe water isn’t the same as healthy water. This is especially true for people prone to kidney stones or other conditions affected by consuming minerals. Read on to explore the benefits of using a water filtration system to level up your home’s water purification.
The Benefits of Water Filtration Systems
Did you know city water contains both ammonia and chlorine? While these additives may kill bacteria and viruses in the water, they don’t improve the overall water quality. Well water, on the other hand, doesn’t go through the city’s treatment. As a result, it may contain active bacteria, viruses, and dangerous levels of minerals like copper, lead, and arsenic. To learn more about the safety of your water, it’s a good idea to check out EWG’s Tap Water Database.
Here’s why homeowners install water filters:
- Endless supply of safe drinking water on-demand. Installing a whole-home water filtration system ensures you can count on drinking water safety from your faucet at any time.
- Less damage to your pipes. Mineral-filled water (hard water) leaves deposits in the bends of your pipes. As the minerals accumulate, your plumbing can suffer from clogs or corrosion.
- Softer skin and hair. Is your skin dry and itchy after a shower? Does your hair tangle and break easily? The excessive dryness could be from the minerals and chemicals in the water. Installing a whole home water filtration system will prevent hard water problems and give you relief.
- Cleaner clothes with less detergent. Because soap is difficult to lather in hard water, you must add more detergent to your laundry machine and dishwasher to get the desired cleaning results. The problem is that adding extra detergent increases the soap scum buildup, while the hard water leaves behind mineral deposits. It’s a double whammy for your appliances. When you use a filtration system to soften your water, you’ll find that you save on detergent and have cleaner clothes and dishes too.
- Fresher tasting water. Chemicals and minerals taint the flavor of water. When they’re filtered out, you and your family will enjoy clean, smooth water free from odd flavors.
Water Filtration Systems
Your choice of system relies on various factors, including the source of your water supply. Do you need a well water filtration system that can eliminate heavy metals, sediment, minerals, and bacteria? Or are you filtering city-treated water to remove chemicals and pesticides? Answering this question first will help you decide how to move forward.
There are two popular types of water filtration systems, each with its own benefits: Reverse osmosis filtration systems and carbon-activated systems.
The Benefits of Reverse Osmosis Systems
What is a reverse osmosis system and how does a reverse osmosis system work? Reverse osmosis (RO) systems apply pressure to water as it passes through a 0.0001-micron semi-permeable membrane. The size only allows small water molecules through, filtering out all the minerals, chemicals, and other contaminants.
Additional details about RO systems include:
- Clears out all impurities. The fine filter restricts minerals, heavy metals, bacteria, and viruses from passing through. This provides pure, clean water.
- Delivers a higher quality than bottled water. Most Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved water bottles are allowed a range of impurities and can’t stand up to the quality of water you’ll get from an RO filter. That means you can access safer and healthier water from your filtered tap than you’d buy at the store.
- Makes food taste better. Not only does the water itself taste better when it goes through the RO filter, but meals you make using the water will have a cleaner, purer taste without minerals.
The Benefits of Activated Carbon Systems
Activated carbon is a solid choice for your home’s filtration system. It’s cost-effective, simple to install, and does the job. As the water runs through the filter, the impurities cling to the charcoal lining. This allows clean water to continue its path, leaving the mineral, chemical, and bacterial contaminants behind.
Here’s why Central Florida homeowners install activated carbon systems:
- Budget-friendly. Already an economical option, carbon filters can also be reused after they’re cleaned, making the system even easier on your wallet.
- Impurity-free. This filter removes minerals, bacteria, and chemicals from the water, ensuring drinking water safety.
- Tidy and compact. The activated carbon system’s compact size and easy installation make it a great choice for small homes and apartments.
Expert Water Filtration Installation in Central Florida
Taking your water quality to the next level of purification facilitates improved health, more effective cleaning, and cost savings for your Brevard County household. Whether you choose reverse osmosis or activated carbon filter systems, the team of licensed, insured experts at Dial Duron Service Co. offers professional water filtration installation. For water purification services you can trust, call 321-341-3625 or request service online.