How to Know When to Replace Your AC
Wondering if it’s better to pay for an air conditioner repair or just replace the whole thing? Looking for air conditioner replacement bids but wondering how to choose the right company?
Choosing to repair or upgrade the air conditioner in a home is a strategic decision for the homeowner. There are many considerations, but a few key points will help make the right choice clear.
Signs Your AC Needs to Be Replaced
If at least three of the following items are true, replacing the heating and air conditioning systems is usually the better choice:
- The existing equipment is out of warranty and/or over eight years of age.
- The air conditioner uses R-22 refrigerant.
- The equipment has not received maintenance within the last 3 years.
- Repairs have been needed more than once in the past year.
- Needed repairs are near or more than $500.
- Utility bills regularly exceed $300 most of the year.
- January or August utility bills exceed $400.
- Any residents have allergies or respiratory concerns, or are infants or elderly people, or include multiple pets.
- Some areas of the home feel much hotter/colder than others.
- Any areas feel humid/damp, or excessively musty, dry, or dusty.
- You desire Wi-Fi, remote, or room-to-room temperature control.
- You are interested in a more sustainable (“green”) home.
- Rooms have expensive musical equipment, furniture, high-value collectibles, or electronics.
- Room additions or remodeling have been planned or recently performed.
Benefits of Replacing Your AC or Heating System
Like a car that constantly has problems, the best “repair” that can be made for the long-term is always to buy a new one. That’s because a new home air conditioning system is like a new engine – once it’s been properly installed, it will correct any current problems. The new equipment will have higher “fuel-efficiency” and save on utility costs. But best of all, it will be under a long-term manufacturer’s warranty.
In addition, a new AC and heating system does much more than heat and cool your home. With the latest high-tech and energy-saving options available today, they can also purify the home’s air, rid your home of airborne viruses, and control humidity.
There are options to reduce energy use, integrate with solar systems, and even allow you to fully control the system from anywhere in the world. Choosing the right options that fit your lifestyle needs and correcting any air duct and air flow issues throughout the home can all be done at the same time. Basically, and comfort problem can be “repaired” by getting a new air conditioning system.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace the Air Conditioning System?
HVAC system replacement costs can be an unforeseen expense. So how much can you expect a new furnace and AC system to be in Brevard County? Like models of cars, there are options available that depend on the manufacturer, and other options that depend on the type of home and homeowner. Newer models can be up to 50% more energy efficient than older systems.
Quality heating and cooling companies offer financing programs to help the homeowner install a new system for $0 with the first payment due usually 30 days later. The price for a new HVAC system for a particular home varies depending on the options selected by the homeowner, but in general, smaller homes under 2,000 square feet may range from $70-$150 per month for a fixed rate payment. Larger homes and multiple-story or multiple-family homes may range from $125-$450 per month or more.
Pricing for air conditioning systems varies widely because every home is different, making each new system a completely customized system for each particular home, and for each particular homeowner.
Choosing A Furnace and AC Replacement Company in Brevard County
Replacing your furnace and AC system is a large, sometimes overwhelming project, so you’ll want to ensure you’re hiring the best team to get the job done as efficiently and professionally as possible. Contact Dial Duron to discuss the best solution for you. We want you to receive the best value for your dollar, so we’ll recommend the solution that will save you the most money and energy. Give us a call at 321-341-3625 or request service online to get started.